In today world, the children’s are more prone to online threats, the devices like phone, tablet and other electronics devices and contents are more accessible to them. Social media brings more challenges, we like to share our life moments with our friends and families. Parents are struggling to find the right solution for online safety for their kids.
How to protect our children’s from the online threats?
There are some good products which help parents to monitor and protect their kids from the internet threats.
1. K9 Web Protection (FREE product) developed by Bluecoat technologies, the company now acquired by Symantec.
K9 Web Protection Features:
- Block web sites in more than 70 categories, including pornography, gambling, drugs, violence/hate/racism, malware/spyware, phishing
- Force SafeSearch on all major search engines
- Set time restrictions to block web access during designated times
- Configure custom lists for “always allow” and “always block”
- Override a web page block with password
- Trust the enhanced anti-tampering, even children can’t break
- View easy reports to monitor and control web activity
- Real-time categorization of new adult and malicious sites
- Best free parental controls software/internet filter available
- Compatible with Windows or Mac machines.
You can download it from the following link.
2. Kaspersky Safe kids
Recently Kaspersky, an enterprise security company provides their new product for Online safety of kids.
How it protects your child?
- Lets you manage their screen time and use of apps.
- Monitors their Android calls and texts so you can spot unwanted attention
- Reports on their public Facebook activity, including their posts and newly added friends
- Shares expert advice and tips from child psychologists on online safety topics
- Allows you to block access to adult websites and content.
You can download and check their FREE version.
Technologies provides the tools to protect, as a parent you need to build the trust and friendly relationship with your child, so you can help them in a timely manner.
You can write your comments and lets us know How you can protect your kids from Internet threats, so we can improve this article to help the parents.
Thanks for reading this article, this article is sponsored by Robokids (an initiative to provide the STEM education in Pakistan).